Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Windows XP x64 SP2 usbport.sys driver

After scouring the web to find a hacked usbport.sys file for Windows XP x64 SP2 with upped polling speed, I nearly gave up until I tried to suss out if I could hexedit the driver myself. After finding nothing but SP1 files to download, I decided to compare them with my SP2 files...

Lo and behold I sussed the magic address and bytes:
0001D490 :: 2D 85 D2 75 0D 3C 08 73 09 C6 87 B6 01 00 00 08

So off I went, booting into my 32-bit XP, editing the usbport.sys file for x64, saving, and rebooting back into x64.

All works and faultless with my Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1A. Currently set to 500Hz(2ms) instead of the tacky 125Hz(8ms).

If you can't be arsed to edit the files yourself. I have uploaded them for your convenience. I have included the original file (125Hz), 250Hz, 500Hz and a 1000Hz(untested) files. All except 1000Hz personally tested by me if you care, and work with my mouse above. I just created to 1000Hz whilst I was hexediting for fun. No instructions included, if you can't work it out, you shouldn't be fucking around with it. If you kill your USB equipment with this driver, your loss. I don't care.

Download and enjoy: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP2 - USB mouse polling drivers (434KB).

\o/

7 Comments:

Anonymous wikkit said...

Thank you very much. Been looking for it. :O)

7:08 pm  
Blogger Isma said...

can i use those on Win7 X64?

3:14 am  
Blogger YaZoR said...

I doubt these would work on Win7 x64. I'd be amazed if they did work.

7:27 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you man Thank you, i didin't want to hexedit the damn thing and geting my win 32bit image to get this file would be a pain in the a$$... thanks to people like you my life is eaysier

(sory for bad english not native)

8:45 pm  
Anonymous Habugi said...

YOUUU ARE THE MAAN!!

Thank YOU!

12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUU ARE THE MAAN!
Thank YOU!!

Magnetar

12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx i'm looking for it long time

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home